Friday, July 1, 2011

What about me?

I want to be the kind of person who is well known.

 Not a famous person, but a person respected and loved in the community. A person who, when people walk by - say nice things about. They say how I helped  someone or how I did something spectacular and made a dent in the world..

I want to join the CWA and be a well respected member of the CWA in my area..

I want to own my own online store and make and create amazing things that all my friends love and share with their friends.

A friend told me the other day that she thinks I am one of the least selfish people she knows. It meant alot to hear that someone viewed me that way- because I really do feel like I am selfish.

Selfish because I won't achieve those things above- because I am too busy focusing on me. Not what I will do, but what I can't do..

What about me? When will it be my turn to change my life- will it take something bad to happen to snap me in to gear? Why can't I be like you? Why can't I do the things that you do? Why can't I have a healthy body, healthy mind and just get the fuck off my arse and DO SOMETHING??

It isn't fair. Stop the world, because I want to get off.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love you so much and I know you can do anything you put your mind to. Show Us Your Cupcakes has already made you a well respected leader of a community that YOU created!

    And girl, you are so wrong about being selfish. I think the fact that you've felt so disabled and like you're letting down other people by not being able to do the things normal people do and you've felt GUILTY about it speaks largely of your concern for other people. Even when they're pricks and they just don't get it, you have a lot of patience for them.

    Pursuing being a member of the CWA is a great idea - especially given your love of spending time in the kitchen... But holy shit that'll probably involve some committment. That's why I've steered clear of roller derby, despite being pressed to join. I just can't guarantee that I'll be treating it as a priority which isn't fair to the other girls. ANYWAY.

    Even your online store is a brilliant idea and totally achievable, I think. I would definitely buy your felt monsters!!!!! (In fact, I'm waiting to find out the sex of a family member's baby, then I was gonna ask if you'd make me one for the new baby and one for the existing toddler). I'll talk to you about this in more detail via email because now I'm getting a bit excited! I might pee my pants!!

    LOVE YOU!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete